About Me

40ties, 3 children, full time work, little time.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Impotent anger and Middle East

I have always felt a low simmering anger at the apparent freedom of rich and powerfull to trample on little people. Now I am so angry I don't know what to do with this emotion that is seeking to explode from within me. If I feel like that, I can't even start to imagine how other people feel at what is happening in the Middle East right now. There is little doubt in my mind that russian policy of scorched earth withdrawal from the invading german army is eerly echoing in the wastes of Lebanon. Only this time, the scorched earth is meant not to prevent invading german army from finding food and shelter, but from prenventing people of Lebanon from finding food and shelter in their own lands. I have no ilusions that Lebanon up to the Listari river being a total wasteland will suit Israel ver well. The reluctance of other countries in getting bogged down in the Lebanon is understood not only because of Hesbullah. Hesbullah, understandably, will see little difference between Israeli army occupying this land and "Peace Keeping" forces occupying this land on the Israeli/US bidding. And lets not kid ourselves that Problem is that many countries will see no difference either. I don't know if after Genmany occupied Belgium, would Belgium welcome "peace keeping" troups comprising of Japanese, Italian and Serbian army units.

No comments: